Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2009/04/03 08:41:00 UTC

Re: How manay milestones before 3.0 final?

On Mar 30, 2009, at 8:01 PM, Robert Zeigler wrote:

> The EJBQLQuery pane in the modeler appears to need some work, as
> well; I haven't played with it extensively, but I put entered a
> valid query and was informed by the modeler that the query was
> invalid (I use the exact same query in my application with no
> issues)... haven't filed an issue for this yet as I haven't had time
> to look into it deeper (maybe there /was/ an issue with my
> query. :)  I'd prefer that to be taken care of before an M6 release,
> at least. I'll see if I can look into it today and file an issue, if
> appropriate.
>
> Robert

Hi Robert,

could you try your query with the trunk build of the Modeler? I just
applied the last patch by Olga that fixes a few error reporting
issues. To get a detailed message you need to roll the mouse over the
line number on the left (this is a bit unobvious, the plan is to
replace it with a red circle, Eclipse style).

Andrus

Re: How manay milestones before 3.0 final?

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@gmail.com>.
Cleaned out my repo, checked the project out fresh, rebuilt clean,
still seeing problems; out of time right now, but I'll look at it
again later today .

Robert

On Apr 3, 2009, at 4/39:41 AM , Robert Zeigler wrote:

> Tried a mvn clean; mvn install before posting.
> But it's still possible that I was picking up an older build; I'll
> clean out the 3.0 branch of my local repo to be sure.
>
> Robert
>
> On Apr 3, 2009, at 4/34:50 AM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Hmm... works for me. Can you make sure you have the latest clean
>> build, as some parser classes were regenerated, so "mvn clean" is
>> needed.
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>> On Apr 3, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Robert Zeigler wrote:
>>
>>> Still having issues.
>>>
>>> Even with a very basic query:
>>> select pr from ProtocolRun pr
>>>
>>> I get the following message:
>>> "Encountered " "pr"" at line 1, column 35
>>> Was expecting one of:
>>> ","...
>>> "ORDER"...
>>> "WHERE"...
>>> "GROUP"...
>>> "HAVING"...
>>> "LEFT"...
>>> "INNER"...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Ah sorry. I was looking at the red underline to detect errors. Error
status on the left was indeed stuck. I just committed the last patch
that shows eclipsy red squiggle on the left, which makes it more
obvious. Olga is looking to fix this and other error message reset
problems that we found.

Andrus

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I've cleaned out the cayenne portion of my maven repo, and
verified that the modeler version running is the version from source
(and it's the current trunk source).
And I'm still having issues with EJBQLQuery  text entry choking on
very simple queries that "should work".
For one, there seems to be a case-sensitivity issue.
select ...
will complain about wanting a SELECT (or a variety of other tokens) at
column 0.  If I change select to SELECT, that goes away, but instead,
the query:
SELECT p.title FROM Protocol AS p
(alternatively:  SELECT p.title FROM Protocol p)

Then it complains: "Encountered " "Protocol"" at line 1, column 16.
Was expecting ","... "."... "FROM"... "."...

I should note that the problem occurs when trying to save or validate
the project.

Robert

On Apr 3, 2009, at 4/39:41 AM , Robert Zeigler wrote:

> Tried a mvn clean; mvn install before posting.
> But it's still possible that I was picking up an older build; I'll
> clean out the 3.0 branch of my local repo to be sure.
>
> Robert
>
> On Apr 3, 2009, at 4/34:50 AM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Hmm... works for me. Can you make sure you have the latest clean
>> build, as some parser classes were regenerated, so "mvn clean" is
>> needed.
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>> On Apr 3, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Robert Zeigler wrote:
>>
>>> Still having issues.
>>>
>>> Even with a very basic query:
>>> select pr from ProtocolRun pr
>>>
>>> I get the following message:
>>> "Encountered " "pr"" at line 1, column 35
>>> Was expecting one of:
>>> ","...
>>> "ORDER"...
>>> "WHERE"...