Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ferhat Günes - Vertec AG <fe...@vertec.com> on 2016/11/28 15:51:16 UTC

How are products intended to be used?

Dear Bloodhound community

We are looking for a multi project management system for our clients. We thought Bloodhound would be a good solution since we are already working with Trac internally and built up some know-how.
Now we don't get any further because we don't understand how products are intended to be used. Every client should get his own project and should not be able to see other clients projects and tasks. Unfortunately, I was not able to put that into action with Bloodhound's permission system. We are ready to invest resources, but don't know where to start.
I think there should be some filtering of products and tickets based on product specific permissions.
I found the following issue that deals with something similar https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/572.
Are these missing features or is Bloodhound meant to be used differently?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ferhat Günes

[cid:image001.gif@01D24995.CEA28D80]
Ferhat Günes | Entwicklung in Ausbildung
ferhat.guenes@vertec.com<ma...@vertec.com>
[cid:image002.gif@01D24995.CEA28D80]
Vertec AG

Tel. +41 43 444 60 00

Weststrasse 75

Fax +41 43 444 60 09

8003 Zürich

mail@vertec.com<ma...@vertec.com>

Schweiz

Hotline +41 43 444 60 05

NEWS Das Release Vertec 6.1 ist da und wartet wieder mit vielen Highlights auf.
Eine Übersicht über die Neuerungen finden Sie auf unserer Website<https://www.vertec.com/de/news/das-release-vertec-6-1-ist-da/>.
[cid:image003.png@01D24995.CEA28D80]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vertec-AG/221724517883140>

Werden Sie Fan von Vertec auf Facebook

[cid:image004.png@01D24995.CEA28D80]<http://twitter.com/Vertec_Gruppe>

Folgen Sie Vertec auf Twitter

[cid:image005.png@01D24995.CEA28D80]<https://plus.google.com/111021978346283686129/posts>

Vertec+

Re: How are products intended to be used?

Posted by Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 1:44 AM Ferhat Günes - Vertec AG <
ferhat.guenes@vertec.com> wrote:

> Hi Ryan
>
> Thanks for your answer. I'm aware of the product specific permission
> schemes.
> Our problem is the global dashboard displaying all tickets and products.
> We would need a global dashboard that filters the tickets and products
> based on the permission schemes on the products.
> That would also involve filtering the products in the create ticket dialog.
> Do you think this would be a useful extension of the dashboard?
> We would be interested in contributing to this change. How do we get this
> into a feature ticket?

It does look like #572 is applicable to the scenario you describe.

For contributing the change you have a few options:
 * Checkout from SVN and submit patches to #572
 * Fork the project on GitHub (
https://github.com/apache/bloodhound/commits/trunk)

For the best chance of having the patches accepted, I suggest asking for
feedback early and often as you prepare the changes.

- Ryan

AW: How are products intended to be used?

We are looking for a multi project management system for our clients. We thought Bloodhound would be a good solution since we are already working with Trac internally and built up some know-how.

Now we don’t get any further because we don’t understand how products are intended to be used. Every client should get his own project and should not be able to see other clients projects and tasks. Unfortunately, I was not able to put that into action with Bloodhound’s permission system. We are ready to invest resources, but don’t know where to start.

I think there should be some filtering of products and tickets based on product specific permissions.

I found the following issue that deals with something similar https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/572.

Are these missing features or is Bloodhound meant to be used differently?

Each product can have its own permission scheme.
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0003#permissions

For more information, take a look at the answer to a similar question:
http://markmail.org/message/gqnzokeg6ye32tnn

- Ryan

Re: How are products intended to be used?