Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marciu Liviu <li...@quattrosoft.ro> on 2001/10/03 00:22:35 UTC

Toncat as service on Win2K

Hello tomcat-users,
   I have registred Tomcat3.2.3 as a service on Win2K, under
   LocalSystem and under ./Administrator. I set it up to start
   automaticly.
   All works fine, I start the computer and the service is working, I
   log on and the service is working Ok, but when I log off (not
   shutdown)  the service stops.

   Why isn't the service running after I log off ?

   Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 Liviu                          mailto:liviu@quattrosoft.ro

Re: Re[2]: Toncat as service on Win2K

Posted by "Wesley E. Ribeiro" <we...@yahoo.com>.
Supposing you have used the jk_nt_service utility to
install TomCat as a service in Win2K, you'll have a
file called wrapper.properties in the conf directory
of the TomCat installation directory.
In this file, you'll have a line like this:

wrapper.cmd_line=$(wrapper.javabin)-classpath
$(wrapper.class_path) $(wrapper.startup_class) -config
$(wrapper.server_xml) -home $(wrapper.tomcat_home)

All you have to do is add '-Xrs':

wrapper.cmd_line=$(wrapper.javabin)-Xrs -classpath
$(wrapper.class_path) $(wrapper.startup_class) -config
$(wrapper.server_xml) -home $(wrapper.tomcat_home)

Even if you didn't use jk_nt_service, whatever the
utility you have used you'll have a point where the
JVM is called. This is where you should put the '-Xrs'
option.

Regards,

Wesley

http://phone.yahoo.com