Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Ozkaya, Armagan" <Ar...@arbitron.com> on 2003/01/07 16:13:49 UTC

Customizing the customizer for a JSP Portlet

I would appreciate if you help me on a problem for which I checked the
Jetspeed documentation as well as the Jakarta mail archives to no avail.

The problem:
I needed to be able to add an existing JSP page of one of our webapps as a
JSP portlet into Jetspeed portal which I did successfully. What I would like
to do is code and use a different customizer for this portlet than the
default customizer provided (controls.Customize??). I would think that this
should be possible without using Velocity Portlet or without  coding the
portlet from start. Is there a way to specify my customizer class in
somewhere (registry or PSML)to be used  instead when the "customize" icon is
clicked? I think it is reasonable that a) Existing JSP pages could be made
portlets,  and b) Any such portlet could have its own customizer to be
plugged in easily.

Thank you all.
Armagan.

RE: Customizing the customizer for a JSP Portlet

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Armagan,

What is the reason you want to plugin your own customizer? Did you know that
you can use parameter presentation styles to customize the look of the
default customizer? There's a section on presentation styles in Jetspeed
tutorial.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/