Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2011/10/29 17:56:10 UTC

Security level for admin user - IP ranges, client certificate

Hi all,

in my current development we are looking into a higher security level for
admin users (a specific role),
e.g. IP ranges, client certificates etc.

Is this possible with Shiro or do we need to implement this functionality
either in Shiro (if that is from interest for the community) or apart.

TIA for any hints

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.at.codebusters.es>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

Tel.: +34 954 520 169
http://www.codebusters.es/

Re: Security level for admin user - IP ranges, client certificate

Posted by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The question covers a broad area. So it is difficult to answer accurately.

But the short answer is that Shiro is highly customizable. Whether it
is authentication
or authorization, by overriding a few classes, you can get the kind
the of functionality you are
refering to.

http://khangaonkar.blogspot.com/