Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mirko Froehlich <mf...@digitalchocolate.com> on 2004/11/17 20:33:21 UTC

multiple stores vs. multiple namespaces

We will likely need to use several JDBC (or rather J2EE) stores. The
main reason is that each of these will fall under a slightly different
publishing workflow, and we want to be able to independently publish
them by copying the appropriate database from staging to production,
etc.

It seems like I could either set up multiple namespaces, with a single
store for each namespace, or I could set up a single namespace with
multiple stores. In both cases, the resulting folder hierarchy would
look the same (assuming I configure the mappings appropriately in
Domain.xml). I don't really care too much about things like access
control, as most of this will be handled by our business logic rather
than by Slide.

Which configuration would you recommend, and what are the trade-offs?

-Mirko

Re: multiple stores vs. multiple namespaces

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.
One tradeoff of multiple namespaces is that a single WebdavServlet can
only serve a single Namespace, AFAIK.
Copying between two namespaces might be a prblem to.

Stefan

Stefan Lützkendorf  --  luetzkendorf@apache.org

Re: multiple stores vs. multiple namespaces

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.