Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Christopher Giblin <CG...@zurich.ibm.com> on 2009/11/24 23:39:07 UTC

How to specify LRS in orm.xml?

Hi
The OpenJPA describes how to indicate that a field should use OpenJPA's
large result set proxies using the @LRS Java annotation.

Can I specify LRS using orm.xml instead?

Thanks,chris

Re: How to specify LRS in orm.xml?

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Hi,
> Why not define a separate OpenJPA XML schema? Then declare its namespace
> in
> orm.xml and one can use JPA and custom elements in the same document.

  Yes that is a possibility. And this idea looks like a neat one.

This limitation to translate OpenJPA-specific source code annotations to XML
descriptors has been a long-standing issue [1]. Patrick commented way back
in April 2008: "Hopefully, we can get this into JPA 2.0." -- but that hope
is not yet realized.

  May be someone will volunteer to contribute...

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-125

Christopher Giblin wrote:

> Hi Pinaki,
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Why not define a separate OpenJPA XML schema? Then declare its namespace
> in
> orm.xml and one can use JPA and custom elements in the same document. The
> original JPA schema is untouched.
>
> -chris
>
>> Hi,
>> Any OpenJPA specific annotations are, unfortunately, not supported in XML
>> descriptor. Because, JPA spec does not define a XML schema with a simple
>> <name,value> mechanism for vendor extensions. OpenJPA can merge source
> code
>> annotations with orm.xml -- so, one has to leave OpenJPA-specific mapping
>> annotations on source code itself.
>>

>> Christopher Giblin wrote:
>> > Hi
>> > The OpenJPA describes how to indicate that a field should use OpenJPA's
>> > large result set proxies using the @LRS Java annotation.
>> >
>> > Can I specify LRS using orm.xml instead?
>> >
>> > Thanks,chris

-----
Pinaki

Re: How to specify LRS in orm.xml?

Posted by Christopher Giblin <CG...@zurich.ibm.com>.
Hi Pinaki,

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Christopher Giblin wrote:

> Hi
> The OpenJPA describes how to indicate that a field should use OpenJPA's
> large result set proxies using the @LRS Java annotation.
>
> Can I specify LRS using orm.xml instead?
>
> Thanks,chris

-----
Pinaki