Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Raghupathy, Gurumoorthy" <Gu...@nielsen.com> on 2007/06/06 09:49:28 UTC

RE: How to Protect the user to login in Multiple system (Multiple browser) when the session is active.

My answer is "It depends".....

If the volume (number of hits) of your website is low and your server is
on a single node then you can create a hashtable of users (user name as
key) as an CONTEXT attribute and each time someone logs in you can check
the user against the key in the hashtable ... if the keay already exists
tell them to
Get lost and once the user is logged off you can remove them from the
hash..

If your application is running as part of a farm then store the status
in DB / persistence medium. However there will be a performance hit

Have a look at

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/ServletConte
xt.html

One pattern which can be of helps is "observer pattern" which will
observe user logging in and logging out....   when used as a filter ....

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/Filters.html

some of the questions you have been asking on the forum has nothing to
do with struts ... it is all about servlet specification ....

Read them at
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr154/index.html

My suggestion will again be RTFM

Regards