Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by William Blackburn <wj...@mac.com> on 2006/03/28 23:27:55 UTC

XSLT content-based routing and XsltComponent

Please forgive me if this is not directly a service-mix question, but
perhaps someone doing something similar can offer some guidance.

I am using the XsltComponent to provide a configurable, content-based
routing step in my application. This works very well with my core
components which are 'standard' servicemix pojos.

Now I am working on an extension mechanism based on the lwcontainer.
I want to allow developers to arbitrarily extend my system, beneath
the covers they'll be creating sa's for deployment against the lwc,
though they may not know it. I will not know the namespaces and
service names until deploy time.

I've run into a gotcha with Xslt routing which is that I cannot refer
to a servicename that includes a namespace and expect the service to
be found, unless the namespace is defined in the Xslt I am feeding
into the routing component. This is probably an xslt question, but
does anyone have any ideas that are better that editing and reloading
the xslt document in some fashion?

Thanks, this list has been a terrific help and servicemix is a great
project.

BJ