Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Christian Steinebach <Ch...@marintek.sintef.no> on 2013/01/15 14:05:19 UTC

isis compile from source, gmaps2 widget?

Hi,

Googling isis I found some extension which was supposed to show objects on a map when they
implemented a Locatable interface. Is there a plan to add this feature back into isis?
I 'located' the source code, but I have no clue on how to extend the wicket viewer
to use it (neither how to compile it).
Plan was to download the source code for isis, try to compile it and then have a look
at the gmap2 extension whether I could figure out something.

I could not compile isis from the source. I cloned using git, moved to the root directory,

'mvn install'

[INFO] 3 errors
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Apache Isis Core .................................. SUCCESS [4.493s]
[INFO] Isis Core AppLib .................................. SUCCESS [5.681s]
[INFO] Isis Core Unit Test Support ....................... SUCCESS [2.361s]
[INFO] Isis Core MetaModel ............................... FAILURE [4.614s]
ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.1:compile (default-compile) on project isis-core-metamodel: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/chris/NetBeansProjects/isis/core/metamodel/src/main/java/org/apache/isis/core/commons/factory/InstanceUtil.java:[66,35] invalid inferred types for T; inferred type does not conform to declared bound(s)
[ERROR] inferred: T
[ERROR] bound(s): R
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /home/chris/NetBeansProjects/isis/core/metamodel/src/main/java/org/apache/isis/progmodels/dflt/JavaReflectorInstallerNoDecorators.java:[143,89] invalid inferred types for T; inferred type does not conform to declared bound(s)
[ERROR] inferred: org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.facets.FacetFactory
[ERROR] bound(s): R
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /home/chris/NetBeansProjects/isis/core/metamodel/src/main/java/org/apache/isis/progmodels/dflt/JavaReflectorInstallerNoDecorators.java:[157,85] invalid inferred types for T; inferred type does not conform to declared bound(s)
[ERROR] inferred: org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.facets.FacetFactory
[ERROR] bound(s): R
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

           Christian

RE: isis compile from source, gmaps2 widget?

Posted by Christian Steinebach <Ch...@marintek.sintef.no>.
Hi Dan!

Great! :-) I had again to convince maven to generate java 1.6 code
in the applib pom and the ui pom.

          Christian

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
Nice work, very cool!

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Christian,
fyi, I've just added a new LocationLookupService class to my github repo
[1], to make it easier to specify locations.  README is updated to show
usage.

Thx again for the idea,

Cheers
Dan

[1] https://github.com/danhaywood/isis-wicket-gmap3

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by Christian Steinebach <Ch...@marintek.sintef.no>.
Hi again,

Update on the googlecharts/PieChartable extension: The reason was my declaration of the Pie class.
PieChartable works like a charm. :-) sorry for bothering you.

            Christian

Posted by Christian Steinebach <Ch...@marintek.sintef.no>.
Hi

I tried to use the PieChartable extension.
I added the component factory.

@Singleton
public class ComponentFactoryRegistrarForQuickStart extends ComponentFactoryRegistrarDefault {

    @Override
    public void addComponentFactories(ComponentFactoryList componentFactories) {
        super.addComponentFactories(componentFactories);
//////////////////
        componentFactories.add(new CollectionOfEntitiesAsPieChartablesFactory());
    }

Posted by Christian Steinebach <Ch...@marintek.sintef.no>.
I was at root.

       Christian