Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Wolfgang <wo...@temple.edu> on 2008/01/16 11:45:30 UTC

Unable to commit

While doing a commit there was a network glitch and it failed.  I have
been unable to recover.
Currently I get the following error:

Z:\Agendas\datatools\toolbox>svn commit -m"Try again"
Adding         toolbox\PABudgetByPolicy.asp
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: File already exists: filesystem 'Z:/AgendasRepository/db',
transaction '23-
1', path '/Agendas/datatools/toolbox/PABudgetByPolicy.asp'

If I do an svn diff I get a listing of
/Agendas/datatools/toolbox/PABudgetByPolicy.asp
Apparently this file is listed in the repository as an empty file.

Paul Wolfgang

Re: Unable to commit

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jan 16, 2008, at 05:45, Paul Wolfgang wrote:

> While doing a commit there was a network glitch and it failed.  I
> have been unable to recover.
> Currently I get the following error:
>
> Z:\Agendas\datatools\toolbox>svn commit -m"Try again"
> Adding         toolbox\PABudgetByPolicy.asp
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: File already exists: filesystem 'Z:/AgendasRepository/db',
> transaction '23-
> 1', path '/Agendas/datatools/toolbox/PABudgetByPolicy.asp'
>
> If I do an svn diff I get a listing of  /Agendas/datatools/toolbox/
> PABudgetByPolicy.asp
> Apparently this file is listed in the repository as an empty file.

It looks like maybe the commit succeeded, but the working copy was
not updated to indicate that the commit succeeded. To test whether
this is the case, check out a fresh working copy to a new location
and verify that your changes are really in it. If so, then you can
"svn revert" all the changes in your first working copy, and "svn
update" it, and you should be good to go.