Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Saju Nair <sa...@tanmic.co.in> on 2011/05/16 13:30:58 UTC

RE: AXIS2C (on Windows) -- Feature requirements

Hi Axis2/C users,

I need to use a means of communication between 2 s/w pieces in my project, and

came across Axis2/C (over Apache) as a likely framework.

The project needs

Node1 (Client)  ß---à Node2 (Server)

1. Client side to submit a command to the Server/Service

2. Server side completes a set of actions for the command and sends a response

3. Server side may also have some periodic house-keeping data to be sent back

   to Node1(Client).

(1) and (2) above appear to be doable, using the Axis2/C

axis2_svc_client_send_receive_non_blocking() -> Is this TRUE ?

For certain commands, it may so happen that my Server side data may not come

in one chunk, but instead may come in multiple pieces ? Is there a way to

handle this in the callback/response ?

For (3) – is there a ready made support available for the Node-2 (server side)

to initiate some data transfer to the client, for the client to get this data

and perform some user processing.

If so, could you kindly share pointers, examples on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

- Saju.

Re: AXIS2C (on Windows) -- Feature requirements

Posted by Rico M <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For (1)/(2)  you need to use the axis2_svc_client_send_receive api.

This means that the exchange will occur over the same "connection" ;
Imagine a tcp connection where you send and receive over the same file
descriptor. The API you mentioned just send a request.That's it.
It becomes the server's responsibility to send a reply back. (It might
be what you want as well)

For (3) , your server becomes your client and your client becomes the
server. You will need to host a service at your client which can be
invoked by the server.

Cheers!