Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@apache.org> on 2002/09/10 18:24:24 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_digest.c

>   +    /* There's probably a better way to do this, but for the time
> being...
>   +     *
>   +     * Right now the parsing is very 'slack'. Actual rules from RFC
> 2069 are:

The relevant spec is RFC 2617.  Were there significant changes since 2069?

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_digest.c

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@apache.org>.
> Not in this section. Comma separation made clearer (but no explicit
> wording on white space eating) - and our old code was still at fault
> when isinsting that any non alpanumeric MUST be quoted.

Odd that the BNF doesn't require that -- it cannot be parsed
unambiguously without the quotes.

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_digest.c

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >   +    /* There's probably a better way to do this, but for the time
> > being...
> >   +     *
> >   +     * Right now the parsing is very 'slack'. Actual rules from RFC
> > 2069 are:
>
> The relevant spec is RFC 2617.  Were there significant changes since 2069?

Not in this section. Comma separation made clearer (but no explicit
wording on white space eating) - and our old code was still at fault
when isinsting that any non alpanumeric MUST be quoted.

Dw

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_digest.c

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >   +     * Right now the parsing is very 'slack'. Actual rules from RFC
> > 2069 are:
>
> The relevant spec is RFC 2617.  Were there significant changes since 2069?

THANKS ! My bad - missed that. Checking..

Dw