Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/11/04 19:00:50 UTC

next magic trick: *not* deleting the output tree

what magic incantation need i wave a dead chicken to in order to keep
forrest from deleting the output tree?  until i can get unlinked files
to be copied over (and possibly even after), i'm going to be storing
some files there for which forrest is *not* responsible, and i want it
to keep its grubby bits off them.

can it be done?

Re: next magic trick: *not* deleting the output tree

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> what magic incantation need i wave a dead chicken to in order to keep
> forrest from deleting the output tree?  until i can get unlinked files
> to be copied over (and possibly even after), i'm going to be storing
> some files there for which forrest is *not* responsible, and i want it
> to keep its grubby bits off them.

Now

  forrest clean-site

deletes the generated site content without deleting CVS info.

I've also removed the dependency that the default "site" target had on
clean-site.

It means that running

   forrest

will not delete the current files in ./build/site/**

This does not mean that I encourage anyone to put files manually in
./build/site/** (should not be needed anymore now that all files are
linkable and copied), but that this will eliminate the deleting phase
that takes some (small?) time.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -