Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2014/02/14 20:07:08 UTC

[VFS] trailing space cleanup (was: svn commit: r1568471 - /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/pom.xml)

Hello,

quick question, while doing my first commit I noticed that Eclipse
wanted to clean up a number of trailing blanks in that POM file. I
decided to not commit those unrelated changes.

What is your preference - should I do an additional cleanup commit,
leave the blanks untouched or accept a few additional line changes in
real commit?

BTW: thanks everybody for your warm welcome. My ecki-at-apache.org
account/alias so I am more or less operational (my PGP Key will come
later).

Bernd

Re: [VFS] trailing space cleanup (was: svn commit: r1568471 - /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/pom.xml)

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Because eyes are always on the code (thank you very much commit mailing
list), people want to know the real differences between the files. It's
extremely difficult to know what a developer did if a commit to fix
something also includes cosmetic fixes. Separate the two out always and let
the commit log show as such.

--
Cheers,
Paul

Re: [VFS] trailing space cleanup (was: svn commit: r1568471 - /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/pom.xml)

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com