Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Simon Kiss <sk...@wlu.ca> on 2015/03/30 20:17:31 UTC

Problem building pdfbox on mac os 10.9

Hi: I'm a relative newbie and having difficulty installing pdfbox 1.8.9 on.

  1.  Where should I put the file pdfbox-app-1.8.9.jar
  2.  I think I have maven installed but mvn -version returns "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/maven/cli/MavenCli : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0"
  3.  From some of my reading this appears to be a problem with having Java 1.7 installed on Yosemite, rather than 1.6.

Can anyone provide any help?
Thanks.

Re: Problem building pdfbox on mac os 10.9

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
Hi,

Unless you're interested in building PDFBox from source then you don't need Maven (unless you're using it as your build tool). Just make sure the PDFBox jars are on your classpath.

Ultimately these are Maven questions, not PDFBox questions, so please look elsewhere such as on stackoverflow.com

-- John

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 30.03.2015 um 20:17 schrieb Simon Kiss:
> Hi: I'm a relative newbie and having difficulty installing pdfbox 1.8.9 on.
>

>    1.  Where should I put the file pdfbox-app-1.8.9.jar

Usually your IDE will handle this... there should be some "add library"
command. The point is to add it to your classpath.

Can't tell about the rest, as I don't use apple products.

Tilman