Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcus Dillury <ma...@socialchange.net.au> on 2001/06/01 02:40:34 UTC

Re: Virtual Host Context Aliasing

I have been told from a collegue of mine that an alias tag can be used.
I have not tested this though, let me know if this works :)

     <Host name="www.mycompany.com" ...>
       <Alias name="mycompany.com"/>
     </Host>

--Marcus

--
Marcus Dillury
UNIX Systems Administrator	core competency: /dev/null

Re: Virtual Host Context Aliasing

Posted by Christian Parpart <cp...@surakware.net>.
On Friday 01 June 2001 02:40, you wrote:
> I have been told from a collegue of mine that an alias tag can be used.
> I have not tested this though, let me know if this works :)
>

>      <Host name="www.mycompany.com" ...>
>        <Alias name="mycompany.com"/>
>      </Host>

I've tested it without any success. Unfortunately.
But exactly that's it what has been said in the tomcat-server-howto.
Is it a bug? It must be....

Thanks,
Christian Parpart
http://www.surakware.net

Posted by Marcus Dillury <ma...@socialchange.net.au>.
tomcat 4, I think :)

I have just tested it with version 3.2.2, and that gives the error:

bash# cat tomcat.log | grep Alias
At The element type "Alias" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
"</Alias>".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "Alias" must be terminated
by the matching end-tag "</Alias>".
At The element type "Alias" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
"</Alias>".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "Alias" must be terminated
by the matching end-tag "</Alias>".

I have not been able to find any doco related to this though :(

Thanks,
--Marcus

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.