Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Scott Jones <sc...@on-sitemanager.com> on 2000/11/18 14:21:28 UTC

Request parameter defines an include?

Hi,

I'm trying to get Cocoon to dynamically choose which file gets included into
my page, but I'm running into a problem.  The included file has a bunch of
calls to a logic sheet that I have defined, and so far, I am unable to get
the page to process once it's been included.

I've tried two ways of doing this, neither of which is exactly what I need.
The first thing I did was to use "XInclude" which worked perfectly when I
hard-coded the file name in.  Unfortunately, I need to be able to specify
the file to be included dynamically, which I wasn't able to do...

I tried to take an XSP page, get the requested file name, and then send the
result on to XSL, where I tried to do the xinclude.  This resulted in the
<!--Processed by XInclude--> comment but didn't actually do the including...
I noticed some discussion about this earlier this month (titled "Xinclude
problem.  failed processing? Help!"), but it doesn't seem that there is a
solution -- I saw a hint that something related to Xinclude may have been
fixed in CVS; is that true?

I also tried the "util:include-file" custom tag, but was unable to get the
XSP in the included file to get processed...

If anybody has any suggestions, that would be awesome.  Thank you.

-Scott