Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2006/05/09 15:56:05 UTC

[m2] Building the official release artifact

We're using an automated build system to do all builds of our projects,
and many others do the same.  This works great for the snapshot builds,
but we'd like the build system to do the official release builds as
well.  The automated system always gets the head and builds that, but
when releasing the release pom is only checked in long enough to get
tagged, then the next snapshot version is checked in.  This is good
behavior and is fine.

It seems the release plugin and everything else I've read suggests that
the user doing the prepare release would then build the official release
artifact immediately after on his own machine.  We'd really prefer that
these are built on the machine doing the automated builds (preferably by
the automated build system somehow).  Does Continuum allow for this sort
of thing?  Is anyone else doing this or trying to do this?

..David..