Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/02 11:58:02 UTC

deployment ids "ng"

Hi guys,

we spoke weeks ago to change for tomee 2 our default deployment id.

 syas a reminder this is the identifier used for EJBs internally.

Current default is ejbName but we can configure through
openejb.deploymentId.formatstem property using these placeholders:
- moduleId
- moduleUri
- host
- hash
- ejbJarId
- appId
- ejbType
- ejbClass
- ejbClass.simpleName
- ejbName
- (maybe I forgot some but you get the idea)

Deploying twice an EJB doesn't work with ejbName but adding appId and
moduleId works by host: {appId}/{moduleId}/{ejbName}.

To solve the host issue we can add the host and get the most generic
pattern - but still human readable:
{host}/{appId}/{moduleId}/{ejbName}. Alternative is to use just hash:
{ejbName}/{hash} but then reading it is harder.

So this seem as a good default for TomEE 2 but we use it in some other
places ilke JAX-WS service (cxf) were default pattern for the
webservice is /{ejbDeploymentId}. It meanse it would contain the host
and the app which are already in the url (and surely not desired again
in the webservice subcontext.
This "ws" pattern can use:
- ejbDeploymentId
- ejbType
- ejbClass
- ejbClass.simpleName
- portComponentName
- wsdlPort
- wsdlService
- appId
- ejbJarId

So a proposal could be:
- change to {host}/{appId}/{moduleId}/{ejbName}
- change soap service default pattern to /{ejbName}

I didn't check too deep if we use such format anywhere else but same
changes should be done as well depending on which kind of usage it is
dedicated.

Note also: a lot of tests rely on these defaults and should be fixed
when we'll do it.

I propose you to gather some feedbacks to know where we want to go
during some days then maybe propose a vote to do the change?

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com