Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ziad Haidar <zi...@bigpond.com> on 2002/10/11 06:58:02 UTC

Struts 1.1B2 with iplanet6Sp2

Hi,

I am trying to get Struts 1.1 B2 to work with I planet 6 Sp2. The first
problem was getting exceptions from the commons-logging package. The only
way to fix this was to use commons-logging.jar version 1.0.2 instead of the
one in the download area. I am now getting the following exception when the
ActionServelt is being initialised:
vs(https-localhost)Exception thrown in servlet.init; context = /blank,
servlet = 'action',
servlet-class = 'org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet',
stack tace: java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:234)......

Every request after that to the ActionServlet gets the following Exception

Unexpected error condition thrown (unknown exception,no description),
stack: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition:
org/apache/struts/action/ActionServlet   at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

In order to eliminate my code and projects settings, I deployed the
jakarta-struts-1.1-b2-blank.war file to the web server. I get the same error
with this file when the servlet is starting. ( ps I also had to replace the
commons-logging.jar file as well).

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ziad.

Re: About Paging

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Struts+Paging
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listId=&listName=struts-user%40jakarta.apache.org&searchText=Paging&defaultField=subject&Search=Search

... you probably already looked at all of those though - right?

--
Eddie Bush

About Paging

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Struts 1.1B2 with iplanet6Sp2

Posted by Ziad Haidar <zi...@bigpond.com>.
Thanks Graig,

That was the first thing I checked, the struts.jar is only in the webapp. In
fact if I take out the struts.jar file from the webapp I get a class not
found exception for the ActionServlet, meaning there is no other class with
that name on the class path.

Ziad

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.