Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Samba <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/29 08:37:46 UTC

Skinnin a Button(Custom Button Shapes)

Hi!
I tried to use the skinning support for Buttons to render a rounded corner
button, but some how I could not get it working..

I thought Oracle donated the Complete skin from ADF to Trinidad...
But now I'm getting doubts... correct me if I'm wrong..

These are style selectors I'm using for creating a custom buttton...

/** BUTTON STYLES. Notice the right to left icons are specified with the
:rtl pseudo-class. If :rtl icons are not specified, we default to non-:rtl
icons. **/

/** use this to color the button background and text **/
/* bg-color: bluish; color: deep blue */
.AFButtonServerText:alias {background-color:#5A9CC6; color:#25009E}
/* antialias the text for our disabled buttons */
.AFButtonServerTextDisabled:alias {background-color:#F0F0F0;
color:Gray;-ora-text-antialias:true}

/** This is how you can customize the look and feel of ADF Faces buttons */

/* Disabled for now - example button images temporarily stored in
/example_button_images
.AFButtonStartIcon:alias {content:url(/skins/images/btnStart.gif);
width:7px; height:18px}
.AFButtonStartIcon:alias:rtl {content:url(/skins/images/btnEnd.gif);
width:7px; height:18px}

.AFButtonEndIcon:alias {content:url(/skins//images/btnEnd.gif); width:7px;
height:18px}
.AFButtonEndIcon:alias:rtl {content:url(/skins//images/btnStart.gif);
width:7px; height:18px}

.AFButtonTopBackgroundIcon:alias {content:url(/skins/images/btnTop-bg.gif);
width:1px; height:2px}
.AFButtonTopBackgroundIcon:alias:rtl {content:url(/skins//images/btnTop-
bg.gif); width:1px; height:2px}

.AFButtonBottomBackgroundIcon:alias {content:url(/skins//images/btnBottom-
bg.gif); width:1px; height:2px}
.AFButtonBottomBackgroundIcon:alias:rtl
{content:url(/skins/images/btnBottom-bg.gif); width:1px; height:2px}

.AFButtonDisabledStartIcon:alias
{content:url(/skins/images/btnDisabledStart.gif); width:7px; height:18px}
.AFButtonDisabledStartIcon:alias:rtl
{content:url(/skins/images/btnDisabledEnd.gif); width:7px; height:18px}
.AFButtonDisabledEndIcon:alias
{content:url(/skins/images/btnDisabledEnd.gif); width:7px; height:18px}
.AFButtonDisabledEndIcon:alias:rtl
{content:url(/skins/images/btnDisabledStart.gif); width:7px; height:18px}

.AFButtonDisabledTopBackgroundIcon:alias
{content:url(/skins/images/btnDisabledTop-bg.gif); width:1px; height:2px}

.AFButtonDisabledBottomBackgroundIcon:alias
{content:url(/skins/images/btnDisabledBottom-bg.gif); width:1px; height:2px}

Have the Style classes changed for trinidad, I still see a lot of Skin
selectors being the same as for ADF..

But why the button is  not being created with the new images....?

Hope to get a solution from you,

Samba

--
Regards...
Samba.

Re: Skinnin a Button(Custom Button Shapes)

Posted by Samba <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Cristi, that sounds a clean solution,
I'll have a try at that...

Posted by Cristi Toth <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It seems that the CommandButtonRenderer doesn't support the
skinning-selectors you mentioned here anymore.
Maybe because of simplicity or efficiency reasons.

Instead of writing a styling work-around, you could write a custom renderer
for the button, that supports the skinning keys you need.
You only need to override a part of the 'official' one and it's much cleaner
that way.
If you are interested, you'll get our support in doing this.
And it's not at all that complicated.

regards,

--
Cristi Toth

-------------
Codebeat
www.codebeat.ro

Re: Skinnin a Button(Custom Button Shapes)

Posted by Samba <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.

Posted by Samba <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.