Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rob Tanner <rt...@linfield.edu> on 2007/03/15 18:22:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Having a problem following symlinks

Hi,

I want to implement Cacti, a PHP based network monitoring/graphing
tool.  I'm running on Fedora Core 6 and using the Cacti build from the
FC6 repository and Apache version httpd-2.2.3-5 also from the FC6
repository.

The /var/www/html and in the directory I have a sym link to
/usr/share/cacti which is where the PHP file, etc, are located.  When I
try  to access Cacti from my browser, I get the following error:

[Thu Mar 15 09:56:46 2007] [error] [client 10.219.255.250] client denied
by server configuration: /usr/share/cacti

This is what I believe to be the pertinent section of the httpd.conf.
This is simply the default file that comes with the distro with mo
modifications (other than adding a LoadModule for PHP.

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/www/html">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

As far as I know, the above indicates that everything should be working,
but it's not and I'm at a loss to figure out where to look.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

--