Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by io...@group.novartis.com on 2004/08/20 18:45:55 UTC

memory leek in lucene?

Doing query against lucene  I run into memomry problem, i.e. it's look like
it's not giving memory back after the
query have been  executed.

I use ParallelMultiSearcher ant call close method after results are
displayed.
hits=null; // Hits class
if (ms!=null) ms.close(); //ParallelMultiSearcher
Doesn't help. The memory getting not free. On queries like "No*" I get
incremental memory consume of c. 20-70mb. per query.
Imagine what happens with my web server...

I tried also from command line and got the similar result.

Am I doing wrong or miss something?

Please help, I use 1.4.1 on linux box.
Joel