Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Steven Pannell <st...@zooplus.com> on 2006/01/18 09:26:53 UTC

SoundEx

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a SoundEx analyzer implementation available for
lucene???

thanks.
Steve,

Re: SoundEx

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jan 18, 2006, at 3:26 AM, Steven Pannell wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a SoundEx analyzer implementation
> available for
> lucene???

There is a Metaphone filter and some sample analyzers that use it in
the Lucene in Action codebase.  I toyed with various ones from
Jakarta Commons Codec and thought Metaphone did a better job than
Soundex.  The implementation is pretty trivial, so it'd be easy to
switch to Soundex.  Just grab the code download from http://
www.lucenebook.com

	Erik

Re: SoundEx

Posted by ms...@aol.com.
You can also look at Phonetix which has many implementations of this...

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: SoundEx

Posted by Christian Reuschling <re...@dfki.de>.