Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org> on 2016/03/29 01:49:33 UTC

Re: impala metric should support manual opening and closing function, not always running

Hi Zhen -

(Please use dev@impala.incubator.apache.org for your technical questions,
see https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-impala-dev/).

Yes, the metrics have lots of locks. We thought about moving them to atomic
operations (https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-2397), but for now
they don't show up in our profiles as a significant consumer of CPU cycles
(the locks are rarely contended).

Henry