Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2013/01/22 21:37:14 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1437101 - /qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/client/SslConnector.cpp

On 01/22/2013 07:02 PM, astitcher@apache.org wrote:
> Author: astitcher
> Date: Tue Jan 22 19:02:22 2013
> New Revision: 1437101

> Log:
> NO-JIRA: Add abort() implementation for SSL client code - this make heartbeats
> work for SSL client connections too.

IMHO, this really should have had a JIRA associated with it. Its clearly
of interest to users and having something to search for helps a lot. I
believe there is in fact a JIRA associated with this problem that could
be updated.

One of cases aren't a big deal, however I do find the huge improvement
of JIRA references in commit notices to be useful when troubleshooting
and I would hate us to start losing that discipline now we have
established it.

Re: svn commit: r1437101 - /qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/client/SslConnector.cpp

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.

> I do understand and did not mean to be overly pedantic.

Gordon,

In my case I invite you or anyone else to suggest or demand certain processes or orther activities when I've been lax, lazy, or just ignorant of them. This is my first open source project and I welcome the guidance. Seriously.

-Chuck

Re: svn commit: r1437101 - /qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/client/SslConnector.cpp

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 01/23/2013 06:41 PM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 20:37 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 01/22/2013 07:02 PM, astitcher@apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: astitcher
>>> Date: Tue Jan 22 19:02:22 2013
>>> New Revision: 1437101

>>> Log:
>>> NO-JIRA: Add abort() implementation for SSL client code - this make heartbeats
>>> work for SSL client connections too.
>>
>> IMHO, this really should have had a JIRA associated with it. Its clearly
>> of interest to users and having something to search for helps a lot. I
>> believe there is in fact a JIRA associated with this problem that could
>> be updated.
>
> On reflection I think you are correct - Although I can find no obvious
> jira referring to this problem to update, do you have one in mind?

I had thought there was one, but I think I am confusing it with other
heartbeat related issues. There is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4233, but that relates to the
windows client that I believe has a different code path there.

Probably worth creating one if only to remind us of the history (and
give users a chance to find it for themselves)

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 20:37 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 01/22/2013 07:02 PM, astitcher@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: astitcher
> > Date: Tue Jan 22 19:02:22 2013
> > New Revision: 1437101

> > Log:
> > NO-JIRA: Add abort() implementation for SSL client code - this make heartbeats
> > work for SSL client connections too.
>
> IMHO, this really should have had a JIRA associated with it. Its clearly
> of interest to users and having something to search for helps a lot. I
> believe there is in fact a JIRA associated with this problem that could
> be updated.

On reflection I think you are correct - Although I can find no obvious
jira referring to this problem to update, do you have one in mind?

When I committed this I was more in the frame of mind - oh no yet
another piece of missing cut-n-paste - I'll just fix this up, also bear
in mind my medium term plan is still to unify the TCP and SSL code in
this area.

Apologies.

Andrew

Re: svn commit: r1437101 - /qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/client/SslConnector.cpp

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1
Robbie just summed up what I had to say.

Rajith

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.