Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by deneche abdelhakim <a_...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/04/22 06:27:53 UTC

RE : Google Summer of Code

Hi Robin,

I am very happy that I've been accepted, thanks to the Mahout Community that kindly commented on my draft.

So we are four students, that's cool. I wish us good work and great fun in this summer.

Hakim

Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com> a écrit : Hi Everyone,
                  This is one of those days where I wake up and see that I
have got accepted to GSoc with Mahout (:32-all-out:) . I am really excited
to kick start the work. I know I have a lot to understand in terms of coding
practices, the whole workflow/process. And i would like to congratulate and
say hi to my fellow Gsoc'ers Farid, Yun and Abdel,  Hi to my mentor Ian
Holsman and to rest of the community.

I am usually online of google talk: if you use it do add me:
robin.anil@gmail.com

Cheers and Good Day
Robin

http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail

Re: Google Summer of Code

Posted by Isabel Drost <ap...@isabel-drost.de>.
On Tuesday 22 April 2008, deneche abdelhakim wrote:
> So we are four students, that's cool. I wish us good work and great fun in
> this summer.

I am really happy, we received a few slots more than expected.  Welcome to the
Mahout project to both of you and congratulations to the successful GSoC
application. I wish you a lot of fun, working on your proposed topics and
hope that all students can finish their work successfully. I think not only
your individual mentors will help you, but as usual in Apache land the whole
community will be happy to work with you on the mailing list.

There were quite a few applications that unfortunately were not accepted. I
would like to invite those who did not get selected to stick around and
contribute. As Mahout is still young, it is especially easy to make a
difference. So if you are interested in machine learning, we would be happy
to welcome you here, even if Google does not sponsor your summer.

Isabel

--
Imbalance of power corrupts and monopoly of power corrupts absolutely.		--
Genji
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>