Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/03 16:39:43 UTC

lgpl-d code

Though I don't think anyone wants to distribute it, is it kosher to have an
example application that depends on something using
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html like hibernate? Ie, it would be an
ant/maven dependency for compiling and running the sample application, but
would never be referenced by the core distribution.

The code would still live in apache subversion repo's though, so I'm not
sure how much this is playing with the boundaries of the apache license.

Re: lgpl-d code

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
Currently: No. We've avoided LGPL dependencies, inclusion in
distributions, imports, being in svn etc.

Future: New policy is in front of the board that would change this.

Hen