Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2011/06/08 07:22:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] Rearrange our roadmap

Hi all,

I would suggest that we have to focus on performance improvements and
basic communication parts of BSP framework. So I've little edited our
roadmap page.

http://wiki.apache.org/hama/RoadMap

If you have any comments or other opinions, let's discuss here.

Thanks.
--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: [DISCUSS] Rearrange our roadmap

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
I was trying to say ..

> I think this is a major need before
> advancing forward to fault tolerance and I/O things.

:D

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
Feel free to profile it :)
http://codingwiththomas.blogspot.com/2011/04/profiling-apache-hama-bsps.html

+1 for the new roadmap of 0.3.0. I think this is a major need before
advancing forward to fault tolerance and I/O things.

Best Regards

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin

mobile: 0170-3081070

business: thomas.jungblut@testberichte.de
private: thomas.jungblut@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Rearrange our roadmap

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
Without know what is inside MR-279. The "ϕ accrual failure detector"
sounds like a reasonable way to detect faults.
Can someone please point out what features the MR-279 branch has?
Links to Jira issues would be very cool.

Thanks in advance :)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

Posted by ChiaHung Lin <ch...@nuk.edu.tw>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
>> the big thing for BSP engines is checkpointing, where the sync point becomes the thing you can checkpoint.

Heavily agree with you!

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.