Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Bessenyei Balázs Donát <be...@apache.org> on 2021/02/01 17:15:30 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Set a finite default for max_attachment_size

The purpose of this vote / PR is to set _some_ finite default. I went
with 1G as I assumed that would not break anyone's production system.
I'd support decreasing that limit over time.

The vote has been open for 72 hours now, but I believe it still needs
two more +1s to pass.

Donat

Posted by Bessenyei Balázs Donát <be...@apache.org>.
Hi Joan,

> Point of order - when we do 72-hour votes, it's best to not count
weekends in that 72-hours.

I remembered the 72 hours is 72 so that everyone has an opportunity to
chime in regardless of their location / timezone. (Ie. so that there's
at least a fraction of a weekday included for everyone.) The closest
reference I can find is [1].
Nevertheless, I'll do my best to start my next votes on a Monday or
Tuesday so that the weekends don't mess things up.
Thank you for letting me know about this!

Donat

[1]: https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#expressing-votes-1-0-1-and-fractions

Re: [VOTE] Set a finite default for max_attachment_size

Posted by Russell Branca <ru...@chewbranca.com>.
A belated +1.

Infinite attachment size is obviously an oversight, and practically
speaking, I think gigabyte sized attachments are still way too big.

I would love to see a solid binary attachment system with CouchDB, but
neither couch_file nor FDB are likely to be it.

-Russell

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
HI Donat,

Posted by Bessenyei Balázs Donát <be...@apache.org>.