Posted to users@maven.apache.org by JH <jh...@schaubroeck.be> on 2008/09/04 16:35:17 UTC

Downloading POM and JAR of plugin

Hi all,

I made some adjustments to a plugin and deployed it in our own repository.
Another project uses the plugin and has an additional pluginrepository
defined to use the plugin. For some reason, the JAR gets fetched correctly,
but the POM never makes it to the client. Result is a number of missing
dependencies when the plugin tries to run. I've noticed this when running
the install goal (plugin is configured to run within install phase)

[INFO] artifact org.codehaus.mojo.webstart:webstart-maven-plugin: checking
for updates from internal-deploy
[INFO] artifact org.codehaus.mojo.webstart:webstart-maven-plugin: checking
for updates from central
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/webstart/webstart-maven-plugin/1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904/webstart-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904.pom
Downloading:
http://mvn.internal.com/maven2/deploy/org/codehaus/mojo/webstart/webstart-maven-plugin/1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904/webstart-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904.jar
64K downloaded

I'm not really sure why the pom and jar get different urls to download from,
seems like a bug to me. I also thought that the first plugin repository
would get the job, and this should be our internal repository. If nothing is
found, the next one is tried (in this case the central repo). Isn't this
correct?

Any pointers on this one? I'm using maven 2.0.9 on Ubuntu 8.04.

Kind Regards,
Jan

Re: Downloading POM and JAR of plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I think this is a known bug that it uses the repositories for POMs instead
of the pluginRepositories in some circumstances.
You can add a normal repository definition for your internal repository.
Probably a better solution is to use mirroring to delegate all requests to
your internal repositories, and configure a repository manager to handle
which should be served internally and which should be downloaded.

Cheers,
Brett

2008/9/5 JH <jh...@schaubroeck.be>

> Hi all,
>
> I made some adjustments to a plugin and deployed it in our own repository.
> Another project uses the plugin and has an additional pluginrepository
> defined to use the plugin. For some reason, the JAR gets fetched correctly,
> but the POM never makes it to the client. Result is a number of missing
> dependencies when the plugin tries to run. I've noticed this when running
> the install goal (plugin is configured to run within install phase)
>
> [INFO] artifact org.codehaus.mojo.webstart:webstart-maven-plugin: checking
> for updates from internal-deploy
> [INFO] artifact org.codehaus.mojo.webstart:webstart-maven-plugin: checking
> for updates from central
> Downloading:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/webstart/webstart-maven-plugin/1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904/webstart-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904.pom
> Downloading:
>
> http://mvn.internal.com/maven2/deploy/org/codehaus/mojo/webstart/webstart-maven-plugin/1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904/webstart-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904.jar
> 64K<http://mvn.internal.com/maven2/deploy/org/codehaus/mojo/webstart/webstart-maven-plugin/1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904/webstart-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-2-custom-20080904.jar64K>downloaded
>
> I'm not really sure why the pom and jar get different urls to download
> from,
> seems like a bug to me. I also thought that the first plugin repository
> would get the job, and this should be our internal repository. If nothing
> is
> found, the next one is tried (in this case the central repo). Isn't this
> correct?
>
> Any pointers on this one? I'm using maven 2.0.9 on Ubuntu 8.04.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Jan

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/