Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Philippe Lavoie <ph...@cactus.ca> on 2000/05/24 20:40:14 UTC

Cocoon and I-Planet Enterprise Server 4.1

Hi everyone,

We are looking into using I-Planet enterprise server 4.1 instead of our
enterprise server 3.5 + JRun 2.33 setup. I've ran into a bottle neck and
hopefully someone on this list can help.

I can get Cocoon to run and if I map a file hello.xml to cocoon (using
virtual map) cocoon will process the file.

However, I can't map *.xml to cocoon...

For some reason *.xml in vitual paths are not recognized by the IPlanet
Server. This is a real pain... I phoned Sun about it and they couldn't find
an answer for me (I got directed to a per incident site where they ask for
150$ to solve a problem...)

Please help.

Phil

Re: Cocoon and I-Planet Enterprise Server 4.1

Posted by Paul Curtis <pc...@terrapin.com>.
Check to make sure there is an entry in the mime.types file in the
SERVER_ROOT/INSTANCE/config directory. iPlanet WS cannot do the mapping
without an acceptable mime type to extension listing.

paul