Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by li...@cglis.com on 2001/06/13 02:48:05 UTC

JDBC (and other) Realm problem on Tomcat 3.2 with Apache 1.3

Howdy,

I am running Tomcat 3.2 with Apache 1.3.  I tried to setup
JDBC Realm by following the instructions but to no avail.
I have experimented with numerous web.xml and server.xml
configurations but the web server just wont
bring up the login form whem I try to access a protected
resource.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that Tomcat
is not running as standalone but rather binded to Apache?

Any help is much appreciated.
Chris Lambrou.

Re: JDBC (and other) Realm problem on Tomcat 3.2 with Apache 1.3

Posted by Chris Lambrou <li...@cglis.com>.
>But what advantage is in using JDBC Realm?

In my case, I have a database table with username/passwords and I want to
give access to the
users in this table to certain areas of the web site.  By using a JDBC
Realm, I do not have to
maintain the traditional .htaccess and .htpassword files.

Posted by Luba Powell <lu...@bellatlantic.net>.