Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2011/09/04 00:10:07 UTC

Re: Field type change / copy field

Hi,

Is this simply for returning a date string, or do you really need a full-blown Date object for your years?
I'd probably go with a "tint" field for the faceting on year, if year is the lowest date resolution you need.
If you need to convert 2008 to 2008-01-01T00:00:00Z to put into a real "date" field, then send it in from your client twice or write a UpdateProcessor to construct the date field based on the year field.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com