Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/16 23:40:56 UTC

[lang] static methods with final keyword

In langs StringEscapeUtils are some static methods marked with
final... it makes no sense to me to do that. I would like to remove
the final keywords. Any objections? not sure if this breaks bc (cannot
imagine)

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [lang] static methods with final keyword

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In langs StringEscapeUtils are some static methods marked with
> final... it makes no sense to me to do that. I would like to remove
> the final keywords. Any objections? not sure if this breaks bc (cannot
> imagine)

+1

There is technically some sense of overriding static methods and RT
assignability, but I don't think it's very useful in this context.

Matt