Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net> on 2010/07/05 20:11:38 UTC

Sample Container Javascript Errors

Shindig Team,

Earlier today I updated my local sandbox version of shindig to SVN
revision 960614. When I build and start the server and access the sample
container in Firefox 3 with Firebug open, I get the following console
output:

No relay set (used as window.postMessage targetOrigin), cannot send cross-domain message
[Break on this error] (undefined out of range 94)
POST http://localhost:8080/gadgets/metadata 200 OK 63ms http://localhost:8080/gadgets/js/core:rpc:pubsub:shindig-container.js?c=1&debug=1 (line 3678)
POST http://localhost:8080/social/rest/samplecontainer/setstate?st=canonical%3Ajohn.doe%3A6450%3Ashindig%3Ahttp%253A//localhost%253A8080/samplecontainer/examples/SocialHelloWorld.xml%3A0%3Adefault 200 OK 13ms http://localhost:8080/gadgets/js/core:rpc:pubsub:shindig-container.js?c=1&debug=1 (line 3678)
Unknown RPC service: osapi._handleGadgetRpcMethod http://localhost:8080/gadgets/js/core:rpc:pubsub:shindig-container.js?c=1&debug=1 (line 779)
POST http://127.0.0.1:8080/rpc?st=canonical%3Ajohn.doe%3A6450%3Ashindig%3Ahttp%253A%2F%2Flocalhost%253A8080%2Fsamplecontainer%2Fexamples%2FSocialHelloWorld.xml%3A0%3Adefault 200 OK 9ms http://localhost:8080/gadgets/js/auth-refresh:core:core.config:core.io:core.json:core.legacy:core.log:core.prefs:core.util:dynamic-height:dynamic-height.util:globals:locked-domain:osapi:rpc:security-token:settitle:shindig.auth.js?container=default&nocache=1&debug=0 (line 245)

The first error that appears, "No relay set...", has appeared for at
least a few weeks in trunk. I have tried to determine why this error
appears. As near as I can tell, the container is trying to send a
message to itself over rpc during osapi.services initialization. I have
not been able to identify where the container code or my configuration
is going wrong here.

The second warning, "Unknown RPC service...",  just appeared when I
updated from earlier this week. I am wondering if this is a regression
or an expected warning.

I am interested in getting these issues cleaned up in my container
configuration before I move into gadget development, but am struggling a
bit with the deployment of Shindig in our environment. These show up the
in sample container as they do in our container, (which based on the
sample container code). Any tips would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

Randy

Re: Sample Container Javascript Errors

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
John/Kam,

I have created a JIRA issue for these errors that includes two patches
that are ready for review.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1380

The description in the JIRA issue outlines what I think is going amiss.
Of course, the patches may not be perfect, but they do indicate more or
less where the problems seem to be. Let me know if I can do anything
else to further verify these patches or expedite their application.

Thanks for your help,

Randy Watler

Posted by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com>.

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.

[...]