Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by AmolG <am...@accelyakale.com> on 2016/01/11 10:25:13 UTC

“No space left on device (28)” error while running C Client producer

Hi,

I am new to ActiveMQ. Using latest stable release i.e ActiveMQ 5.12.1
Release.

I have taken ActiveMQ C client code from
“http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/sandbox/openwire-c/”, compiled it
and started ActiveMQ server and trying to execute C client.
But programs prompts “No space left on device (28)” error.

After executing C client, ActiveMQ server shows error like “Transport
Connection to: tcp://127.0.0.1:52546 failed: java.io.EOFException”.

I have tried changing activemq.xml configuration as below -

 <kahaDB directory="${activemq.data}/kahadb" journalMaxFileLength="32mb"/>

  <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage percentOfJvmHeap="70" />
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="50 mb"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="32 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

but problem still persists.

Re: “No space left on device (28)” error while running C Client producer

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
The No Space left on device is on the broker side or client producer side ?

I guess that the persistent store (according to the storeUsage in
systemUsage) takes much of the store (or eventually the redo). It's
probably because you produce persistent messages but you don't consume it.

The producerFlowControl can prevent such kind of use case.

So, it depends of your use case and config, but its own ActiveMQ doesn't
require lot of disk space.

Regards
JB

On 01/12/2016 06:26 AM, AmolG wrote:
> Already checked available disk space too. 40gb disk space is available. I
> thought this is sufficient space.
>
> What is the minimum required disk space required to run ActiveMQ?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: “No space left on device (28)” error while running C Client producer

Posted by AmolG <am...@accelyakale.com>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
That error means your partition has run out of disk space.  Changing
configuration isn't going to fix it, you need to clear space on your file
system.

Posted by yongxiang liu <yu...@163.com>.
Have you solved this problem? I met you, too