Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/09/07 20:24:32 UTC

Release issues; was Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release based on RC2

On Fri, 2013-09-06 at 17:22 +0100, sebb wrote:

> Something odd has happened with the upload to the staging area.
>
> Not only are there .asc.(md5|sha1) files - which is a known Maven
> issue - but there are also .asc.asc and .asc.asc.(md5|sha1) files too.
>
> This is not a release blocker, but should be fixed for any future release.
> [I assume this is a bug in the Gradle code, because 4.3 has the same problem]

My release scripts are still a patchwork of Maven and Gradle scripts.
Curiously enough I used plain Maven to upload artifacts to the staging
repository.

> > SVN tag:
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2.6-RC2/
> > (revision 1520246)
>
> The following files are present in SVN but missing from the source packages:
> - the DOAP (that's to be expected)
> - jcip-annotations.py
> - httpclient-contrib/docs/translated-tutorial/httpclient-tutorial-simplified-chinese.pdf
>
> Not blockers, but again should be fixed in case there is a future release.

We will have to agree to disagree here but this can wait until another
release.

Oleg