Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark Brown <mb...@OpenMarket.com> on 1996/10/23 20:09:32 UTC

versus with SSI

I've got a file /udir/mbrown/fcgi-devel-kit/doc/simple.shtml
that contains the include directive

<!--# include virtual="/examples/echo" -->

and I've configured my 1.2dev server like this:

DocumentRoot /udir/mbrown/fcgi-devel-kit
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html shtml
<Directory /udir/mbrown/fcgi-devel-kit/doc>
Options Includes
</Directory>

<Directory /udir/mbrown/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/>
SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

When I GET /doc/simple.shtml, all is well: the /examples/echo script
is run and its output is included.  But if I change those last three
config lines to

<Location /examples/>
SetHandler cgi-script
</Location>

and GET /doc/simple.shtml, the echo script itself gets included
as a file by the default handler.  If I GET /examples/echo all
is well.

I see the same symptoms if I change those last three lines to what I
really wanted in the first place,

<Location /examples/echo>
SetHandler cgi-script
</Location>

Is this a bug or do I misunderstand how <Location> is meant to work?

Can <Directory> be used to associate a handler with a single file,
or is this a unique capability of <Location>?

    --mark