Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tarak Ranjan <co...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/02/18 14:53:12 UTC

Bayes Implementation + Auto Whilte Listing

Hi List,
        I have one Qmail based MTA , Spamassassin SpamAssassin version
3.1.4 ,running on Perl version 5.8.8,

i want to implement bayesian Filtering site-wide and Auto whitelisting
site-wide......
anyone help me regarding this setup....

/
Tarak Ranjan

Re: Bayes Implementation + Auto Whilte Listing

Posted by Tarak Ranjan <co...@yahoo.co.in>.
> > i want to implement bayesian Filtering site-wide and Auto whitelisting
> > site-wide......
> > anyone help me regarding this setup....
> >
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SiteWideBayesSetup

sa-learn --spam -C /etc/mail/spamassassin --showdots
--dir /path/to/directory/full/of/spam/msgs

sa-learn --ham -C /etc/mail/spamassassin --showdots --dir /path/to/directory/full/of/ham/msgs

i have gone through the documentation. "--dir /path/to/directory/full/of/ham/msgs" which path i have to mentioned here.
because in my setup there is no particular Maildir for Spam/Ham
so will it be fine if i give absolute path like "/home/vpopmail/domain/example.com", will it work

/
Tarak

Re: Bayes Implementation + Auto Whilte Listing

Posted by Tarak Ranjan <co...@yahoo.co.in>.

      Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Re: Bayes Implementation + Auto Whilte Listing

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Tarak Ranjan wrote:
> Hi List,
>         I have one Qmail based MTA , Spamassassin SpamAssassin version
> 3.1.4 ,running on Perl version 5.8.8,
>
> i want to implement bayesian Filtering site-wide and Auto whitelisting
> site-wide......
> anyone help me regarding this setup....

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SiteWideBayesSetup

Note: the bayes_file_mode option is mentioned at the end of the article,
but is generally quite important in sitewide setups. Also be sure to use
7's not 6's. That mask sometimes gets used in temp dir creation, so the
X bit is important. (SA also won't ever create a bayes DB file with the
X bit.. it's really a mask, not a strict mode)

The AWL sitewide setup works quite similarly, but with
auto_whitelist_path  and auto_whitelist_file_mode instead of bayes_path
and bayes_file_mode..

Alternatively, you can set both up using a SQL database.. this generally
yields higher performance, but does require a little SQL know-how.

For SQL, see

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BetterDocumentation/SqlReadmeBayes