Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jacquetta Ellinger <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/12/14 22:22:04 UTC

Labels

I’m not a programmer/developer but I’m pretty competent at using software, however, OpenOffice is too tough.  I like it generally, I like the concept of it, but every time I try to do something new, I spend hours first searching out instructions, then trying them, having them not work, trying again, having them not work - that is files crashing and virtually wasting my life away.  Today, I cannot get OO to create a database from a spreadsheet I’ve created so I can print a lousy 100 mailing labels.  I could have had half of them written by hand by now.  I’m going to have to buy Word and I hate that.

Re: Labels

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.
Ok.

Nice rant.
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Re: Labels

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.
On 14/12/2019 23:22, Jacquetta Ellinger wrote:
> I’m not a programmer/developer but I’m pretty competent at using software, however, OpenOffice is too tough.  I like it generally, I like the concept of it, but every time I try to do something new, I spend hours first searching out instructions, then trying them, having them not work, trying again, having them not work - that is files crashing and virtually wasting my life away.  Today, I cannot get OO to create a database from a spreadsheet I’ve created so I can print a lousy 100 mailing labels.

First open a new or existing Text document.
Now use the Mail Merge Wizard under the Tools menu
At Step 3 Select a Different Address List which open a menu with
existing databases.
Click add and browse to the spreadsheet with your addresses and select
the Tab with the data.
Now your spreadsheet is registered as a database.
The rest is business as usual.