Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Jim Schneider <js...@kjinteractive.com> on 2003/02/25 01:10:43 UTC

LOBs, Torque, Oracle > 4K data

What is the preferred method (Torque data type) for LOBs that are > 4K?

If I use BLOB with a file that is smaller than 4K, everything is fine.
With > 4K, I get an error indicating that the size is too big.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

--
Jim Schneider
KJ Interactive, Inc.

Re: LOBs, Torque, Oracle > 4K data

Posted by Jim Schneider <js...@kjinteractive.com>.
I set my column type in my torque schema file (*.xml) to
"LONGVARBINARY". Torque converts this type to a LONG RAW column type in
my oracle schema file (*.sql). In the generated om classes, this is
translated to a byte array (byte[]) in my data objects, which all seems
fine to me.

However, when I go to insert my files (image file > 4K), I get the
following exception (my file is 5677 bytes):

"org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Data size bigger than max size for
this type: 5677"

When I insert a file smaller than 4K, I don't get the error.

Do I need to (or can I) specify a max size for the column?

Thanks for the response,

Jim

Posted by Bill Schneider <bs...@vecna.com>.

Posted by Jim Schneider <js...@kjinteractive.com>.