Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Patrick O'Neal <pa...@oneal.net> on 2003/12/07 07:23:54 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] New User 101 question: How do you open and save you httpd.conf file

In the real world, we wouldn't need this, because everyone uses
Unix/Linux and VI or gEdit and they don't try to control things for you,
they just do what you tell them to!!

Sorry for taking up bandwith please don't ban me!

LONG LIVE VI the best editor in the world (as far as I am concerned)<--
this coming from an EX I repeat EX windows dependent IT guy. Praise God
for deliverance!

Posted by "Jerry P." <ok...@desidesh.com>.
Kent,
After you've made changes to your httpd.conf file, just hit 'ctrl + s'
and it will save the file. If Notepad for some reason adds '.txt' after
the filename, just remove the '.txt' and move the file to your server.
~jerry