Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by prabin meitei <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 12:06:33 UTC

unable to search from a string containing numbers seperated by comma.

Hi,
  I am trying to search from an idlist (string containing comma seperated
numeric values)

eg:
QueryParser vParser = new QueryParser("idlist", new AlphanumAnalyzer()); //
analyzer using custom lettertokenizer which tokenize nuber also. class is
given below.
Query q = vParser.parse("55"); // example

now even if the field idlist contains say (44, 55, 66)
my search returns 0 hit. is there any alternative solution or is there some
problem with wat i am using.

Thanks in advance.

public class AlphanumericTokenizer extends LetterTokenizer {
  public AlphanumericTokenizer(Reader reader) {
    super(reader);
  }

  protected boolean isTokenChar(char c) {
    return super.isTokenChar(c) || Character.isDigit(c);
  }
}

Re: unable to search from a string containing numbers seperated by comma.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Give these tips a try to see if they help:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/
LuceneFAQ#head-3558e5121806fb4fce80fc022d889484a9248b71

Luke is your friend.

Cheers,
Grant

On Aug 30, 2007, at 6:06 AM, prabin meitei wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am trying to search from an idlist (string containing comma
> seperated
> numeric values)
>
> eg:
> QueryParser vParser = new QueryParser("idlist", new AlphanumAnalyzer
> ()); //
> analyzer using custom lettertokenizer which tokenize nuber also.
> class is
> given below.
> Query q = vParser.parse("55"); // example
>
> now even if the field idlist contains say (44, 55, 66)
> my search returns 0 hit. is there any alternative solution or is
> there some
> problem with wat i am using.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> public class AlphanumericTokenizer extends LetterTokenizer {
>   public AlphanumericTokenizer(Reader reader) {
>     super(reader);
>   }
>
>   protected boolean isTokenChar(char c) {
>     return super.isTokenChar(c) || Character.isDigit(c);
>   }
> }

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com