Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by heshan suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/20 05:04:57 UTC

Google Summer of Code projects

Hi,

   My name is Heshan Theekshana Suriyaarachchi.I am a second year computer
science undergraduate at University of Colombo School of Computing(UCSC),
Sri Lanaka.I have been using java for about 3 years.I saw your projects in
the "ASF Subjects for Google Summer of Code" lisst and I am interested in
learning about your projects, I would appreciate if you send me some
information regarding following projects.

Projects :

*Subject ID*

*logging-log4j-management*

*Title*

*log4j management*

*Subject ID*

*logging-documentation-system*

*Title*

*logging services documentation system*

Yours Truely,

Heshan T. Suriyaarachchi

Re: Google Summer of Code projects

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I'm not sure about the specific titles you have written below?  What
is meant by "Log4j management"?  And by "logging services
documentation system", are you proposing to improve upon Log4j's
documentation?    Please see another thread where Isuru Suriarachchi
requested ideas from the Log4j team for what he might do for the
Log4j project that may be useful; also for the Google Summer of
Code.  I believe he's chosen to work on Chainsaw, a log viewing
application that's part of the Log4j project.   I suggest you either
make some more specific proposals or ask for suggestions.  I think
you might get more response.

Jake