Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 01:09:37 UTC

Re: multiple submit buttons: LookupDispatchAction / ActionForward formdata missing

On 2/28/06, SIRAGHER, JOEL <JO...@appsig.com> wrote:
> I'm doing multiple submit buttons on my struts/jsp 1.1 page.  My
> debugger takes me to the correct action, but the action has no form data
> in it.
> RetrieveFormBean dataForm = (RetrieveFormBean) form;
>    // form data comes back null. Contains no data forwarded.
>    return mapping.findForward("retrieve");
> }
>

> My struts-config.xml
> ========
> <action path="/actions/retrieve"
>         name="RetrieveFormBean"
>         type="com.struts.action.RetrieveAction"
>         scope="session"
>         parameter="method">
>         <forward name="Retrieve" path="/tiles/Retrieve.jsp"/>
> </action>

RetrieveFormBean mentioned in the "name" attribute is not a class
name, it is the name of an ActionForm instance. Have you defined it in
<form-beans> section?

<rant>Tim Fennel is right, Struts configuration is a sucky thing.</rant>

Michael.

Re: multiple submit buttons: LookupDispatchAction / ActionForward formdata missing

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
> On 2/28/06, SIRAGHER, JOEL <JO...@appsig.com> wrote:
<skipped/>

By the way, LookupDispatchAction is not the best choice to dispatch
events. I suggest you to use this one:
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=17724 You will
also need ActionDispatcher class from Struts 1.2.7+ distro.

Michael.