Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by kiran patnala <ki...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/07 20:25:44 UTC

Yahoo provided hadoop tutorial having issue with eclipse configuration

Hi,

First of all Thanks for looking at my query.

I have gone through this Yahoo tutorial from this link

http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module3.html

I have hadoop-0.18.0 in VMware given by Yahoo in the tutorial
but I had issue with configuring the Map/Reduce locations in eclipse even
after following these steps given in tutorial.

Location name: (Any descriptive name you want; e.g., "VMware server")
Map/Reduce Master Host: (The IP address printed at startup)
Map/Reduce Master Port: 9001
DFS Master Port: 9000
User name: hadoop-user

please help.

Thanks,
Kiran

Re: Yahoo provided hadoop tutorial having issue with eclipse configuration

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
Kiran,

hadoop-0.18 is a VERY old version (Probably 5 years old). Please consider trying out a newer version.

You can follow these steps inside a VM to get a single node cluster running:
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html

HTH
Ravi.