Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Yair Even-Zohar <ya...@revenuescience.com> on 2008/07/29 19:56:05 UTC

problem initiating HTable in 0.2.0

I define

HBaseConfiguration  conf = new HBaseConfiguration();

And then the following line  (my AseAdmin.java:50)

HBaseAdmin  admin = new HBaseAdmin(conf);

generated the below error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access
method

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.doLocal(Lorg/apache/hadoop/hba
se/HBase

Configuration;)Lorg/apache/hadoop/hbase/HBaseConfiguration; from class
org.apach

e.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.<init>

(HConnectionManager.java:150)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConn

ectionManager.java:88)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:63)

        at
com.revenuescience.sandbox.hbase.AseAdmin.<init>(AseAdmin.java:50)

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks

-Yair

P.S there were no exception in the haddop log or Hbase log

Re: problem initiating HTable in 0.2.0

Posted by Ryan Smith <ry...@gmail.com>.
I had this same problem.  Check to make sure hadoop config is not using your
old hbase libs. (HADOOP_CLASSPATH in hadoop-env.sh)
But the error probably means that you have mixed versions of hbase on your
classpath.