Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/01/02 16:03:58 UTC

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

So finally I will implement that for 1.4-M4 :-)
That sounds to be a nice feature to have.
The idea will be to add some configuration mapping between ldap group
and archiva/redback roles.

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Apologize for delay (some other stuff to do recently)
Most of ldap mapping is implemented ( ldap group -> n archiva roles).
Can be done via file security.properties (see
http://archiva.apache.org/redback/configuration.html )

ldap.config.groups.class= object class for groups (default: groupOfUniqueNames)
ldap.config.groups.base.dn= basedn for groups, dn with list of groups
( dc=archiva,dc=apache,dc=org ) (if empty default will be
ldap.config.base.dn)
ldap.config.groups.role.*(ldap group)=*(roles) (mapping ldap group -
redback roles comma separated) (example:
ldap.config.groups.role.archiva-admin=Archiva System Administrator,
Foo)
ldap.config.writable=true/false will write datas to ldap (default false)
ldap.config.groups.use.rolename=true/false will create groups in ldap
with default role if no group-role mapping found (default false)
ldap.config.user.attribute= attribute name to use for user (default uid=)

Note the new ldap.config.writable this mean is possible to activate
write to ldap (for groups creation and users)

Now (I hope in the coming days) I will add a ui screen to map groups to n roles.

I'd like to add some changes (but probably for a next release). This
means be able to fully remove the database use as currently the
roles/permissions (redback model) still need a database.

Any comments are welcome :-)